Spice up your morning with this easy and Cheesy Jalapeno Omelet. Made with eggs, jalapeno peppers, and your favorite cheese, this savory pepper omelet is the best way to start your day.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- To make it less spicy, remove the seeds and veins from the jalapeno.
- For deeper flavors, saute the diced jalapeno with chopped onions and garlic in the skillet before adding them to the scrambled eggs.
- Use different kinds of peppers to adjust the flavor and heat. Bell peppers are mild and sweet whereas poblanos are much spicier and smoky.
- Bump up the nutrients by adding in more veggies like tomatoes, onions, or chopped zucchini.
- Give it some protein by adding black beans, bacon, shredded chicken, or tofu to the mix.
- The cheese choice is yours! Feel free to use cheddar, swiss, cotija, queso fresco, pepper jack, or any cheese you enjoy.
- Do you like your omelets extra fluffy? Add a splash of milk or cream to the scrambled eggs.
- To keep your omelet from burning, make sure the skillet is not heated too high. This will scorch the outside and undercook the inside. Maintain an even medium heat and only flip the omelet when it’s ready!
- ▢ 6 eggs
- ▢ 2 tablespoons milk
- ▢ 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢ 1 jalapeno seeds removed and finely diced
- ▢ 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ▢ 1 tablespoon butter
- Crack eggs open into a medium-sized bowl and add milk, salt and jalapenos. Beat eggs with a fork to fully mix everything together.
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once butter is melted, pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook eggs until firm, about 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese to one side, and then fold the other side over making an omelet. Continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes on both sides until crispy and fully cooked.
- Remove from skillet and repeat directions to make the other omelet. Serve and enjoy!
did you make this?
don’t forget to leave a comment & rating below! 🙂
Leave a Reply