It’s been a long couple of years. Many of us are feeling mental fatigue and existential stress, which negatively impacts our immune systems and overall wellbeing. This year, having some simple winter or for any day health formulas on hand feels more important than ever. They can’t cure the state of our world, but they often can help support our immune systems before we get sick and can provide some relief when we’ve caught whatever winter crud is going around. The following herbal natural remedies are our favorites for a long time and are wonderful additions to your winter care routine. From our home to yours, we wish you a healthy, restful winter!
My first recommendation might not be a “formula” exactly, but it is a time-tested, health-supporting standby: winter soups! Soups are nourishing, comforting, and fantastic vehicles for some of the best herbal allies. This winter check out some of these recipes that pack a powerful amount of herbal goodness into every spoonful.
ORGANIC CHICKEN BROTH NOODLE SOUP
Now, without further ado, here are three of our favorite winter-support recipes
Herbal Throat Spray Recipe
1 oz. organic echinacea extract
1 oz. organic goldenseal root extract or
Grape root extract
1 oz. organic oregano extract
2 Tbsp. raw honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a glass spray bottle and shake vigorously.
2. Say “ah” and spray 3 pumps into throat every hour or as needed.
3. Store spray in refrigerator for extra cooling effect.
First Signs Formula
1 oz. organic echinacea tincture
1 oz. organic elderberry tincture
1 oz. organic goldenseal root tincture or grape root tincture
DirectionsCombine all ingredients together in a 4 oz. glass dropper bottle and shake well.
1. Combine all ingredients together in a 4 oz. glass dropper bottle and shake well.
2. At first signs of winter sniffles, take three droppers three times a day to support normal immune system functioning.
Winter Wellness Tea Blend
Makes 3 cups of tea.
1 part organic eleuthero root
1/2 part organic ginger root
1/2 part organic elderberries
1/4 part organic cinnamon chips
1/4 part organic rosehips
Organic lemon and honey (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of tea blend and combine with 1 quart water. Gently simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Strain, making sure to mash as much liquid as possible from the herbs with the back of a spoon.
- Optional: add a squeeze of lemon and honey, to taste.
- Put into a thermos to sip throughout the day or store extra tea in the refrigerator for up to two days and reheat as needed.
- Store remaining tea blend in a sealed container in a cool, dry, dark spot until ready to use.
TIPS: IF YOU DON’T HAVE ALL INGREDIENTS ON HAND IT’S OK! YOU CAN USE WHAT YOU HAVE. You can make your own natural remedies using your favorite herbs and teas.
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WINTER WELLNESS FORMULAS?
You may also enjoy:
Leave a Reply