AVOCADO MAYO RECIPE | MADE FROM SCRATCH|
Learn how to make this healthy homemade organic mayonnaise with avocado oil. This recipe is so simple and inexpensive!
I get asked often what my recommendations are for easy lunch ideas. As a full-time work at home/homeschool family, lunch for us is just more of the same. We sit down together three times a day. But there are those busy days where you want a sandwich, wrap or something easy to grab and go. What says quick and easy lunch better than a sandwich? For years, I bought crazy expensive avocado mayonnaise to dress our sourdough sandwiches up. I didn’t want to slather our bread with GMO mayo and a bunch of ingredients I couldn’t pronounce. You seriously won’t believe how easy it is! Takes less than 30 seconds and is made with pantry staples.
Is making homemade mayo hard to make? Nope! I thought it would be really hard to make homemade organic mayonnaise to, but I was shocked about just how simple it really is. It can be made very quickly and with a few basic staple ingredients.
Tips & Notes:
- You can also use olive oil! I still prefer avocado, because it has a nice mild flavor and tastes very similar to mayonnaise you could buy at the store. I always choose an oil that is non-GMO and is not hydrogenated. My local Aldi started carrying avocado oil so that is where I buy it, but it is also available for purchase on Amazon if you can’t find it locally.
- I would definitely recommend using organic farm fresh eggs from a source you trust if you do not have chickens.
- This recipe makes just over a cup of mayonnaise. If you need more mayonnaise for your recipe, you can just double the recipe for more.
- I would say this mayo recipe will last about a week. Make this mayo when you are planning to make a few recipes that use mayonnaise! My family loves to make sandwiches and honey mustard salad dressing with this mayo, so we use it up pretty quickly.
Healthy Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 immersion blender
- 1 wide mouth mason jar
Healthy Avocado Mayonnaise Instructions
- Add 1 egg, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1 cup of avocado oil to a wide mouth mason jar.
- Next, take an immersion blender and beginning at the bottom of the jar blend the egg until it is white and creamy. This will take about 1 minute.
- Next move the blender up to incorporate the oil. Continue blending until it is fully mixed, about 1-2 additional minutes.
And that’s it! See how simple that was? 🙂
Thank you for reading! Let me know in the comments below if you like this recipe!